posey was admiring the skittles fanart the person in front of me asked him to autograph, how amazing cool and scary it looked and then said “we look a little bit in love” to which matt and i replied “well aren’t you” and posey just shrugged and said “yeah”
Just wanted to throw a huge round of gratitude to the amazing organizers of BiteCon and the people at Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast, because I had such an amazing weekend. You could really tell how much love and effort this fan-created event took, and all the activities and panels were extremely well organized, staff and volunteers were so incredibly helpful.
The cast, writers, special effects crew, National Wildlife Foundation folks, all the guests of honor went out of their way to thank the wonderful people who put this event together, and they were all extremely impressed not only with the convention itself, but by the passion of the fans, the talent of the the artwork produced. Not just fanart, but fanfiction itself. Personally it was a huge deal to me that the writers acknowledged fanfiction as a great creative output in their panel, and especially Eaddy Mays running an entire panel dedicated to fanfiction (that exceeded the allotted time limit) that basically was an ode to fandom and her love of fanfiction.
The panels that I attended were extremely fun, entertaining (and at times tearjerking, thanks for all the Victoria Argent headcanons, Eaddy) and informative, and it was great to see the cast members interact with fans and each other.
I will be posting an actual Bite Con roundup later, but I wanted to crawl online and express what a fucking wonderful con it was. I didn’t know what to expect going into it, but I was absolutely blown away by the organizers, the NATWP girls, the attendees, and the lovely people from the Teen Wolf team themselves.
It’s hard to fully get across how deeply fun and entrenched in good vibes the whole weekend was. People were respectful, thoughtful, and so incredibly generous with their time and abilities. I honestly feel honored to have been a part of it.
Super duper shout out to Kreugan, Pixie, Roar, Mary, Kyle, Jackie, and everyone else who I got to meet and fall head over heels for this weekend. You are all rockstars.
And of course, to Daunt, the wind beneath my wings, without whom I would have been and would continue to be completely lost.
Seriously. Thank you everyone who was there. (Pictures and more to come) <33333
Bitecon was one of the greatest things I’ve ever experienced. There are not enough words for how absolutely amazing it was! I want write up a little blurb about it really soon.
One of the many highlights for me was that Tyler Posey got to see my Scott tea blend and he was so enthusiastic & sweet about it. I got to meet Seana and she loves tea, too! She was so sweet & amazing and really enjoyed the tea I gave her (!!!!??????!!!!!!)
So much stuff I wanna gush about (and some stuff I wanna keep to myself) I just….ahhhh I am never getting over it!
Hands down the best. :’)
On a sad note, I already miss Kreugan and Kendrawcandraw SO MUCH. T_T
I don't know why people are saying that Malia's the strongest. The word used at Bitecon is toughest. There is a difference between being strong and tough and I feel like something got lost in translation within the fandom.
Ahhh there you go. Things get misconstrued via social media and a lot of the feedback from the people at the cons has been confusion as to why theres so much backlash coming from the fandom at the spoilers.
I think we’re taking some things out of context solely because its difficult to fit everything into 140 characters. Once the videos are out and we get to read what people who were there say, we’ll get a real feel on whats going on.
I think today that you’ll be seeing a lot of posts like this as rumours about BiteCon circulate among fandom. It’s really disconcerting to see as someone who is loving the hell out of BiteCon that so many people who aren’t here are talking about how much of a flop it is.
I am SO SO SORRY about this guys! I know I still have some loose ends to tie up with the giveaway but everyone has been notified who has won and I just need to polish off getting everyone their winnings. :D
I swear I will get it worked out as soon as I am home from BiteCon! If you have any urgent questions though just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get back to you asap! <3
ALSO if you are coming to BiteCon and want CHARMS or PENCIL POUCHES...
I have very limited numbers of each. D: Only 9 of each charm and maybe 8 pencil pouches total. I feel bad I didn’t bring more but I could only get a small batch of charms and my pencil pouches are running out. D:
If you’re going to BiteCon this weekend, here’s some information you may find useful (sourced from the internet, calls to the hotel, JetpackMonkey, and info Morgan Dawn pulled together for Escapade):
- The forecast is for high 60s and sunny, with lows in the mid-50s. Hottest time of day is right around noon, so if you’re planning on going to the (outdoor) pool, that’s your best target time.
- The outdoor pool is open from 6AM - 10PM. Perhaps more importantly, the pool bar is open from 12PM - 7PM.
- The hotel has a shuttle that runs to Manhattan Beach. The shuttle costs $5 round trip and stops at the pier and the mall.
- There’s a liquor store right across the street from the hotel, just behind the Budget rental. The nearest grocery store is a mile off, so food runs might be trickier to coordinate, but alcohol (and other non-alcoholic beverages?) should be pretty easy to acquire. There’s a 360 view of the liquor store if you’re dying of curiosity.
- The hotel has a restaurant and a restaurant/bar. The bar is known for its giant beer selection, and you can get a look at their beer menu here.
- Food options outside the hotel within walking distance are somewhat limited. JetpackMonkey recommended a restaurant a few blocks north of the hotel called Aliki’s Greek Taverna. There’s a Burger King across the street and a couple Starbucks a few blocks off.
- The hotel has fridges available for free if you have medical needs, so if you need a cool place to store medication, ask the front desk. I believe there are also fridges available for a fee otherwise, but the answer I got from the front desk on this was vague.
- The hotel space looks like this:
You can take a look at the tentative con schedule to get an idea of where things will be situated within that space. Registration will be in the atrium across from Brewster’s, most of the main activities will be in the California Ballroom, and autographs/photo ops/vendors will be in the trio of rooms alongside (Hollywood, Westwood, and Brentwood). It looks like smaller events such as meet & greets, the beer tasting, and the tea party will take place at the other end of the main floor, in the San Diego ballroom area.
- Just in case anyone didn’t see it, the BiteCon Tumblr said a couple days ago that headshots of the actors won’t be available at the autograph tables. If you have autograph tickets, make sure you bring with you things for the actors to sign.
- And as one last general piece of congoing advice: plan on dressing in layers. Conference spaces are typically heavily air conditioned, which means you’ll be chilly at first, and then as people fill the space it’ll warm up. Sweaters on, sweaters off, it’ll be a whole dance. Pack accordingly.