I am SO SO SORRY about this guys! I know I still have some loose ends to tie up with the giveaway but everyone has been notified who has won and I just need to polish off getting everyone their winnings. :D
I swear I will get it worked out as soon as I am home from BiteCon! If you have any urgent questions though just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll get back to you asap! <3
ALSO if you are coming to BiteCon and want CHARMS or PENCIL POUCHES...
I have very limited numbers of each. D: Only 9 of each charm and maybe 8 pencil pouches total. I feel bad I didn’t bring more but I could only get a small batch of charms and my pencil pouches are running out. D:
If you’re going to BiteCon this weekend, here’s some information you may find useful (sourced from the internet, calls to the hotel, JetpackMonkey, and info Morgan Dawn pulled together for Escapade):
- The forecast is for high 60s and sunny, with lows in the mid-50s. Hottest time of day is right around noon, so if you’re planning on going to the (outdoor) pool, that’s your best target time.
- The outdoor pool is open from 6AM - 10PM. Perhaps more importantly, the pool bar is open from 12PM - 7PM.
- The hotel has a shuttle that runs to Manhattan Beach. The shuttle costs $5 round trip and stops at the pier and the mall.
- There’s a liquor store right across the street from the hotel, just behind the Budget rental. The nearest grocery store is a mile off, so food runs might be trickier to coordinate, but alcohol (and other non-alcoholic beverages?) should be pretty easy to acquire. There’s a 360 view of the liquor store if you’re dying of curiosity.
- The hotel has a restaurant and a restaurant/bar. The bar is known for its giant beer selection, and you can get a look at their beer menu here.
- Food options outside the hotel within walking distance are somewhat limited. JetpackMonkey recommended a restaurant a few blocks north of the hotel called Aliki’s Greek Taverna. There’s a Burger King across the street and a couple Starbucks a few blocks off.
- The hotel has fridges available for free if you have medical needs, so if you need a cool place to store medication, ask the front desk. I believe there are also fridges available for a fee otherwise, but the answer I got from the front desk on this was vague.
- The hotel space looks like this:
You can take a look at the tentative con schedule to get an idea of where things will be situated within that space. Registration will be in the atrium across from Brewster’s, most of the main activities will be in the California Ballroom, and autographs/photo ops/vendors will be in the trio of rooms alongside (Hollywood, Westwood, and Brentwood). It looks like smaller events such as meet & greets, the beer tasting, and the tea party will take place at the other end of the main floor, in the San Diego ballroom area.
- Just in case anyone didn’t see it, the BiteCon Tumblr said a couple days ago that headshots of the actors won’t be available at the autograph tables. If you have autograph tickets, make sure you bring with you things for the actors to sign.
- And as one last general piece of congoing advice: plan on dressing in layers. Conference spaces are typically heavily air conditioned, which means you’ll be chilly at first, and then as people fill the space it’ll warm up. Sweaters on, sweaters off, it’ll be a whole dance. Pack accordingly.